Core Solutions of Microsoft Lync Server 2013
This course prepares you to plan, design, deploy, configure, and administer a Microsoft Lync Server 2013 solution. The course focuses on Lync Server 2013 Enterprise Unified Communication features with particular emphasis on coexisting with and migrating from legacy communication services. Through hands-on labs, you will create a solution that includes IM and Presence, conferencing, and persistent chat.
This course covers Official Microsoft Learning Product M20336: Core Solutions of Microsoft Lync Server 2013 and can assist you in preparation for Exam 70-336: Core Solutions of Microsoft Lync Server 2013.
Please Note: Students that register for class less than one week to the start of class, will receive only an electronic copy of the Student Guide. Students will still receive a printed copy of the Lab Guide. Refunds or reschedule requests will only be granted if Cancellation Insurance has been purchased. Refunds must be requested at least 15 days prior to the course start date.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Overall server and client Lync Server 2013 architecture
- Lync 2013 features and user scenarios
- Lync Server deployment process
- Components of a Lync Server 2013 design
- Plan for Microsoft Solutions Framework for Lync 2013
- Plan infrastructure requirements for Lync Server 2013
- Use the Lync Server 2013 planning tool
- Use Topology Builder
- Plan for site topology
- Design a site topology
- Plan the server infrastructure
- Design documentation using Microsoft Office
- Use Lync Server 2013 management interfaces
Core Solutions of MS Lync Server 2013 Course Outline
- Architecture and Design Approach for Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- Designing a Lync Server 2013 Topology
- Configuring Users and Rights in Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- Client and Device Deployment and Management
- Conferencing in Lync Server 2013
- Designing and Deploying External Access
- Deploying Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Persistent Chat
- Monitoring and Archiving
- Administrating and Maintaining Lync Server 2013
- High Availability in Lync Server 2013
- Disaster Recovery in Lync Server 2013
- Planning a Migration to Lync Server 2013
Who Should Attend
IT consultants and telecommunications consulting professionals who design, plan, deploy, and maintain solutions for unified communications (UC).