Vmware vSphere 6.0 with ESXi and vCenter
This course has been completely rewritten to reflect the changes and improvements introduced in vSphere 6. Our courseware and labs have been fully updated and now use Web Client rather than legacy vSphere Client for both presentation material and lab procedures.
Assuming no prior virtualization experience, this class starts with the basics and rapidly progresses to advanced topics. With 40+% of class time is devoted to labs, students learn the skills they need to become effective vSphere administrators.
Labs start with installation and configuration of stand-alone ESXi servers and progress to shared storage, networking and centralized management. The class continues to advanced topics including resource balancing, high availability, power management, back up and recovery, performance, vCenter redundancy, VM redundancy. Disaster recovery, rapid deployment, hot migration and workload consolidation are also covered.
This class is unique in its approach; which is to identify and eliminate common IT pain points using vSphere. Students learn how to deliver business value; not just the technical or mechanical aspects of the software.
By the end of the class, attendees will have developed in-depth vSphere knowledge, skills, best practices. Attendees will be able to design, implement, configure, monitor, manage and troubleshoot vSphere 6.0.
VMWAREVSPHERE6.0 Course Outline
- Lesson 1: Virtualization Infrastructure Overview
- Lesson 2: How to Install, Configure ESXi 6.0 Installable
- Lesson 3: Virtual and Physical Networking
- Lesson 4: Content Libraries & NAS Shared Storage
- Lesson 5: Virtual Hardware and Virtual Machines
- Lesson 6: vCenter Server and the Next Generation Web Client
- Lesson 7: VM Rapid Deployment using Templates, Clones
- Lesson 8: ESXi and vCenter Permission Model
- Lesson 9: Using Fibre and iSCSI Shared Storage
- Lesson 9.1: Raw Device Maps
- Lesson 10: VMware File System (VMFS)
- Lesson 11: ESX and vCenter Alarms
- Lesson 12: Resource Management and Resource Pools
- Lesson 13: Consolidation with VMware Converter Standalone
- Lesson 14: VM Hot and Cold Migration, Storage VMotion
- Lesson 15: Distributed Resource Scheduling Clusters
- Lesson 16: Failure Recovery with High Availability Clusters
- Lesson 17: Hot VM Protection with vSphere Replication
- Lesson 18: Patch Management with VMware Update Manager
- Lesson 19: Managing Scalability and Performance
- Lesson 20: Final Thoughts